God’s Word is the most realistic writings ever.
- “In this world you will have trouble” Jesus shared in John 16:33.
- Paul, acknowledging the loss of loved ones, says to believers, “Grieve” in 1 Thessalonians 4:13.
- The Psalms have more psalms of lament than psalms of praise.
God’s Word is the most hopeful writings ever.
- Jesus adds in John 16:33, “But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- Paul adds in 1 Thessalonians 4:13 that we are to grieve with sure hope in God’s good heart and resurrection power.
- And the Psalms of lament direct us to cry out to God who hears and heals the brokenhearted.
God is the most empathetic Being in the universe.
- God the Father is the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).
- God the Son is our sympathetic High Priest who experiences fellow-feelings of empathy with us (Hebrews 4:14-16).
- God the Spirit is our indwelling Empathetic Encourager (John 14-16) who groans with us in our suffering and infirmities (Romans 8:26-27).
A Trilogy on Realistic Grieving with Resurrection Hope
The Bible’s emphasis on realistic grieving along with resurrection hope is why I’ve penned my “trilogy on grief.” The Trinity’s empathy for the grieving and encouragement for the hurting is why I’ve penned three books on biblical lament and resurrection hope:
God’s Healing for Life’s Losses
Have you experienced a loss and do you long to find God’s hope in your grief? Do you desire to minister God’s healing to your grieving friends? Then discover God’s healing for life’s losses.
God’s Healing for Life’s Losses equips you to apply eight scriptural stages in your response to life’s losses—helping you to find hope when you’re hurting. It also empowers you to minister healing hope to others so that they can face suffering face-to-face with God.
Its two built-in grief guides—one for your grief journal and one for your grief journey—make God’s Healing for Life’s Losses perfect for individual and group grief work. Join the growing number of lay people, pastors, biblical counselors, recovery groups, grief groups, church small groups, Sunday School classes, and college and graduate school students using God’s Healing for Life’s Losses as their twenty-first century manual for Christian grief recovery.
Find hope when you’re hurting.
Enjoy nearly a dozen free resources related to God’s Healing for Life’s Losses here.
Grief: Walking with Jesus
Grief: Walking with Jesus is a thirty-one-day devotional booklet that guides you on a journey through the Gospels. Page-by-page and day-by-day, you’ll walk with Jesus as He models how to cling to the Father as He faces suffering, loss, grief, and death.
Jesus is a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief, and He is your sympathetic High Priest. So, He not only models godly grieving, Jesus also grieves with you. Grief: Walking with Jesus is ideal for all of us who want to grow closer to Christ while facing life’s most excruciating losses.
Enjoy free resources related to Grief: Walking with Jesus here.
Grief and Your Child: Sharing God’s Comfort in Loss
We often think about grief and adults, but what about teens and children struggling with grief? When they face life’s losses, how do they find hope when they’re hurting?
Grief and Your Child applies biblical principles to the grief experience of children and teens and it equips parents, pastors, family members, and counselors to provide soul care to children and teens so they can find God’s healing for life’s losses.
Enjoy free resources related to Grief and Your Child here.
Special “Grief Trilogy” Offer
The post 3 Resources for Experiencing God’s Healing Hope: A Trilogy on Grieving with Hope appeared first on RPM Ministries.